Good Practices For Better Web Designing
Web designing is the process of creating websites. All the aspects like web content, the way it looks and function are determined by the Web designing. It has direct impact on conversion. Hence an effective design can lead to a big lifts in conversion.
Website elements should be planned in such a manner so that yields high levels of accessibility and usability. In this article we will help you with some of the tips that make your site put far ahead of competition.
Best Practices For Effective Web Design
Know Your Audience
If you are planning to launch a website, you should have an idea of what your audience need. You have to develop a clear picture of their needs that will bring people to your website. Every web page of your site needs to be designed with a defined goal and has to fulfil the specific needs of the users in the most effective way possible.
Call to Action Buttons
Call to action in Web designing is a term used for the aspect that asks for an action from the user. The most popular call to action buttons comes in the form of clickable which performs action like ‘Buy now’ or lead to the page with additional information like ‘ Learn more’. These buttons maximize the returns of your website. In order to make the Call to action buttons more effective they have to be placed in key spots around your website.
Responsive Website Design
Responsive Web designing means designing the web pages which are compatible with multiple devices and platforms. Recent study shows that 80% of internet users have smartphones. Hence it is important to create better experiences for users on mobile devices.
When designing a web page you have to consider ‘Mobile first ‘approach. Note down all the content categories and prioritize the ranking. Then lay them out in the smallest viewport first and add elements as needed when you move to larger view screens like tablet or desktop.
Navigation is one among the challenging elements of a Web designing. You have to maintain a consistent navigation experience across web browsers or mobile devices. When the users navigate through your website they should feel easy and should know where they are on your websites. Navigation aspect should act as a map, directing your user through the website based on their interest. Make sure all navigation hyperlinks work properly and are not broken.
Well Organized Content
Your website content must be carefully designed so that it gives appropriate weight age for the targeted keywords. Web users don’t read articles thoroughly and they have very short attention. Therefore keep content as concise as possible. A few points to consider that influence easy reading and for effective content are:
- High quality and original content
- Grammar and sentence formation
- Use headings and sub headings
- Consider the length of the content and place optimized images in needed places to support the message.
- Remove unnecessary information
- Use easy-to-understand, , common shorter words
- Consistent use of fonts, colours, font sizes and hyperlink colours
- Content accessible with minimal clicks.
- Decide on which content is required based on user interest and how to be presented.
An important area where some extra design attention can go a long way is website typography. Every font has a personality and your choice of fonts should be influenced by your audience. Keep lines in a consistent length so that it enables readers to move on with less effort.
Important points to consider in Typography
- Some font types may work fine at larger or even medium sizes, but may lack clarity when they are sized down too small. This will impact on readability of users.
- If you want to use a certain a font with thin letters, ensure that it is readable even in smallest size else consider a different font for those smallest sizes.
- 16pt body type is default for most browsers and is good for all screen sizes.
- Make headings clearly, at least 1.6 times as large as the text they support.
- Comprise sufficient contrast on your entire website, including the text versus the background colour.
Good Overall Functionality