On Page And Off Page SEO Strategies To Gain Your Competitive Ranking
Search Engine optimization (SEO) is necessary for your website to strengthen your digital strategy. Driving traffic is one of the main keys for the success of a website. By making sure that right people see your website, you enhance the chances of increasing your audience.
Optimizing your website which leads to rank higher on search engine will boost your traffic. Many factors help your website to perform its best. Among those commonly used SEO strategies are on page and off page optimization. Though they are entirely different, both contribute great benefits in optimizing the website. In this article we will take a look at both on page and off page SEO methods.
ON page SEO is the process of focusing on diverse parts of website which will help to achieve better rankings in search engines result. This method determines that how search engines index your web pages, understand what your website is about and navigate through content and structure of your website. On Page SEO is something you can have control and able to change on your own.
It optimizes a website to certain keywords per search engine results. Relevant keywords were used there. On page optimization influences the website listing in natural results. It is a way of getting the site ranked higher such as page titles, Meta description, and interlinking etc.
A few of on-page techniques are:
- Quality and quantity of content
- Title tags
- Meta tags
- URL structure
- Internal linking
Above all elements of your website contribute on how search engines know about your business, know of your products or services and what keywords should be used by people to find out your website.
On page SEO technique can:
- Make each page rank for a prominent single keyword or group of words
- Prioritize which web pages are more important
- Make a page rank on a fraction of the links received from off page ranking factors.
- Without excellent, tailored, targeted content that is optimized to be found by Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines, your website may not be as visible as it should be for your customers online.
Off -Page SEO
Off page techniques involve those activities that are outside your website. This is the method of getting backlinks to your website. As the quantity and quality of links increase, it will increase your rank in search engine results.
It is an important point to be noted that in off page SEO, only with quality content will lead to good backlinks. Backlinks generated using articles, blog posts, forums, social media etc. will have effect on your website in organic search results. Off page SEO factors are not controlled by you or by the coding on your page.
A few of off page techniques are:
- Social Networking Sites
- Social Media Optimization
- Social Bookmarking
- Image submission
- Video submission
- Article submission
- Forum posting
- Link Building
Off page SEO technique can:
- Imbalance for inconsistent on page optimization for keywords that are less competitive
- Take a new page that is not in the top 1000 results of Google to first in weeks.
- Get less important pages in search engine index to generate more mid-tail or long-tail traffic.
- Keep competitive pages at the top of search engines
- Increase domain authority for the web pages and website
An important off-page SEO factor is the number and quality of backlinks to your website. Here are some examples to build good links to your website are:
- Create amazing content which will interest people so that they want to link to it because of its value.
- Being active on social media and share your content. This will ultimately generate links.
Both On page and off page SEO techniques work together to improve your page ranking. Both complement each other. Off page helps you to get in the top of search engine ranking, while on page keeps you there. Hence both off page and on page methods are vital components of digital marketing. As the world of Search Engine Marketing is constantly changing, to stay abreast of latest industry you have to be aware of best practices. BE sure that your SEO strategy meets today’s latest techniques for organic search results.